In Australian privacy law, sensitive information includes information about any individual's:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association;
- membership of a trade union;
- sexual orientation or practices;
- criminal record; and
- biometric information (e.g. fingerprints).
Sensitive information also includes health information.
For more details, see APP Guidelines.